Thursday, July 19, 2012

BFF Challenge:Striping Tape Mani

Another nail art challenge for this week. The theme... Striping Mani!
This theme was chosen by Pram!
I have tried doing a mani using striping tape before. You can take a look HERE and HERE.
But this time,it's a completely different design but still using the tape. Here is my nail art for this challenge.

A Gradient Striping Mani design~
(for nubbin nails!haha!)


Another design exclusive for short nails~ Yay for that!
See? You don't have any excuse for not having chic nails because of the nail length.

It's up to you what colors you'll be using but for this exact design, i choose
pinky - lilac to indigo
ring - baby blue to navy blue
middle - pink to red
pointer - mint green to teal
thumb - gold to bronze (refer to the pic below)

Sorry about the tut pics.
I still haven't got the time to have my cam repaired so the macro shots are a bit awful.
So bear with it. As usual, i used a different color on my tutorial so that you'll be able to clearly see it.

So,here's the process:
1. Apply a neutral base color. The palest color that you can find so to give a good start for your mani. Since this is a nail wheel so i didn't bother applying any.
2. With the lightest color on the shade that you choose apply varnish, make sure that you have enough space (like 1/5) for your 1st tape to be put on. It's ok if you will not paint the whole nail (which will be better)  because you don't have to wait too long for it to dry.
3. Once the 1st layer is dry, time to apply the 2nd color. Again,make sure that you leave a space for the striping tape to go into.
4-5. Repeat the same process until you've used all the shades that you have. See? this one is better for short nails unless you have great shade selection that you can go from the palest shade to the darkest.
6. Cut your tape into strips.
7. Apply the tapes like in the picture.
8. Make sure they are evenly applied.
9. Then cover the whole nail with your choice of polish. Black is the best choice,really. I just decided to use yellow so that it's easier to see because im having camera troubles.hehe
10. As soon as you finish step 9, you immediately take the tapes off. It's harder to take it off once it's dry & it will just ruin the whole look so you have to take the tapes off as soon as you are done with step 9.

Let dry.apply top coat then voila!
You can do this horizontal or vertical or even random. The choice is completely up to you!



I'm sorry about the thumb. I messed it right when i was snapping pictures already.
I plan to do it again but got lazy because the drying time for this mani takes a while.
I got my striping tape from KKCenterhk.com or click HERE.

There you go~
Hope you'll give this one a try!
No acrylics for this,no? hehehe

Next challenge would be about books!
Now, this is challenging because i have a lot of books & choosing just one won't be enough for me.haha!
In fact, im thinking of starting a blog post about books. I think it'll be fun to connect with you, guys, on a different way.

You can check out these ladies doing the same challenge with me:


Have a great day, y'all!
Jaa ne~!
^_^

11 comments:

Donnarence Masilungan said...

You are so good with nails jem!! nice job... I wish i can do the same

emtha said...

I love these! So creative!! It reminds me of a sweater I had when I was younger that looked a lot like this - black with rainbow stripes. So cute :)

Essie Rae Iheartprettypolish said...

Oh cool! Love the colors you chose.

Kerrie Black said...

I love this idea, i must try it soon!

April Hollie said...

nice! it's so cute

Thiamere Brea said...

thanks,sis!
puro nails na nga lang ako e.
hnd na ko nakakapag blog about make-up
hehehe

Thiamere Brea said...

thanks,hun!
^_^

Thiamere Brea said...

thanks,sweets!
i got the idea because i have been seeing lots of glitter gradients lately so i guess i could do my own gradient in a diff way
XD

Thiamere Brea said...

hope to see your version too!
^_^

Thiamere Brea said...

thanks,sweetie!

Aya said...

Oh very nice idea! I haven't tried using striping tape before :D

BTW, I tagged you in my post here! http://www.codenameaya.com/2012/07/my-love-for-nail-polish.html I figured I'd tag you since I really enjoy reading about your nail art designs! :D

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...